Warmer months are among the most anticipated times of the year. You can spend more time lounging on your patio or sipping lemonade by the poolside. The cool outdoors can easily become your new hangout point and second family room.
However, you need the right patio furniture to transform your patio or pool deck into an inviting outdoor oasis. Durable and trendy outdoor furniture makes the space functional, comfortable, and attractive and upgrades your hosting game. Read on to learn how to choose outdoor furniture and must-have pieces for your patio, deck, balcony, or backyard.
Choosing Outdoor Furniture
Many people ask whether they can use indoor furniture outdoors. The simple answer is NO. Outdoor furniture Brisbane is designed to withstand the harsh elements outside your home, from the scorching sun to summer showers and rugged use.
Also, poolside furniture is primarily waterproof, and exposure to water and moisture does not damage it. Furniture made of sturdy woods like teak, pine, cedar, and metal is perfect for outdoor use.
When buying outdoor furniture, consider the following factors.
- Use: How you intend to use your outdoor space determines the furniture to buy. Will you use the space for dining, lounging, or entertaining? If dining from the patio, you can opt for a stylish dining table with cozy seats. People hosting from the outdoor area can consider plenty of comfortable seats, a few side tables, and a fireplace.
- Maintenance: Spend most of your time enjoying the outdoors, not cleaning, with easy-care furniture. Choose forgiving materials that can withstand the wrath of Mother Nature while requiring minimal upkeep.
- Comfort is king: Try your seats before buying for optimal comfort. Seats with plush cushions and fluffy pillows are an added advantage.
- Consider multiple-use furniture: Dual-purpose outdoor furniture saves space and money and provides ample space for outdoor activities. An ottoman is a good option since it is a stool and seating space.
- Complement outdoor décor: Experts recommend choosing furniture that matches your home’s exterior, landscaping, and outdoor décor for a cohesive look.
- Storage: After the patio season ends, it is best practice to store your outdoor furniture to prevent additional wear and prolong lifespan. You can store it in your basement, garage, or shed. If you are space-constrained, foldable furniture is ideal.
Must-have Outdoor Furniture
1. Outdoor Rocking Chair
Maximize enjoyment in your patio or deck by buying an outdoor rocking chair. Whether you want to read a book, take an afternoon nap, or lounge by the pool, the rocking chair ensures a good experience. The slanted design, contoured seat, and wide arms add a good vibe to your patio, allowing you and your visitors to recline into comfort.
Opt for stylish, comfortable, and long-lasting pieces when shopping for outdoor rocking chairs. Rocking chairs with pillowy cushions offer the utmost comfort and lumbar support. An all-weather material is desirable to shield from peeling, splintering, chipping, staining, and corrosion.
Outdoor rocking chairs come in different styles and colors, so you can choose one that suits your style and patio décor.
Relax and unwind outdoors with a gorgeous and cozy daybed. You get hours of lounging and feel like you are on a destination vacation every time you step into your outdoor space. From round to hanging and sectional daybeds, you have many options to meet your unique needs.
Daybeds are perfect for people looking for an alternative to the traditional deck sofas, and they get tons of space to stretch, rest, and recline. You can go the extra mile and opt for a daybed with a canopy for greater sun protection, privacy, and relaxation.
3. Patio Chairs
Patio chairs add style, comfort, and functionality to your outdoor space. Since there are numerous patio chairs in the market, you will get one that appeals to you depending on the available space, the seating you need, local weather, and personal style. Choose quality and comfortable materials and skilled craftsmanship.
They add color and comfort to your outdoor living space while grounding your outdoor furniture. Also, outdoor rugs can make a deck or patio more stylish and prevent slips and falls. When buying an outdoor rug, choose a color and pattern that blends with the other furniture and décor.
Synthetic fibers make good rugs because they are durable and resistant to fading and stains. They are also breathable to prevent moisture problems like mold.
If you have a pool, a sunlounger is a must-have. Also, you can add a sunlounger to your patio or garden for seating, lounging, and even sleeping. Add color and comfort to your sun lounger with cushions and other accessories.
One remarkable thing about this furniture is that it is available in many colors, styles, and materials to give homeowners many choices. It is best practice to choose a sunlounger that can bear long hours of sun and humidity.
6. Fire Pit
Spruce up your patio with a fire pit and extend its use beyond warmer months. A fire pit makes your outdoor space warm, inviting, and cozy, and you can use it during chilly evenings. It is also an excellent focal point for your patio sitting area, lights up the space, and provides low-key entertainment.
Furniture brings function, comfort, and style to your outdoor living spaces, from patios, pool decks, backyards, and porches. With thoughtful planning and the must-have furniture outlined above, you can transform your patio into a heavenly oasis for relaxing, socializing, and entertaining.
Remember to purchase high-quality, durable, elegant pieces for long-term comfort and return on investment.